Because You're Young
19 June 2010
  Forever Changes
Love is such an excellent band. My favourite song of theirs (and one of my Top Ten Best Songs of All Time) is You Set the Scene. It has some KILLER lines:

"There are people wearing frowns who'll screw you up
But they would rather screw you down"

and

"This is the only thing that I am sure of
And that's all that lives is gonna die
And there'll always be some people here to wonder why
And for every happy hello, there will be good-bye"

and the absolute best

"I need you so, oh, oh, oh, oh
And if you take it easy
I'm still teethin'
I wanna love you, but
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh"

The build-up on "I wanna love you, but-" and the sadness as he pulls away with the "oh"s is one of the greatest representations of love that exists in song. Honestly. It's why they can actually pull off a hardcore band-name like "Love". This moment is what kicks the piece into Top-Ten worthy material - and if you've never heard it, imaginary audience, you know what your homework is.

Labels: , ,

 
Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

IT'S LOVE BACK TO FRONT AND NO SIDES

living in the past, one day at a time

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand
Archives
June 2010 / July 2010 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]