Because You're Young
19 June 2010
  Longest Train I Ever Saw
Joan Baez is fucking tops and here's why:

1. Her voice is NUTS. Have you heard her rendition of Led Zep's Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You?
2. She can make me weep like a baby. Who doesn't love a good pre-bedtime weep? See: Silver Dagger, The Trees They Do Grow High.
3. She's a fox!
4. STONE COLD.
5. In French she would be called "la renarde" and she would be hunted with only her cunning to protect her.
6. Her originals are as good as her covers. See: the absolute classic and (as we all know) Bobby Dylan based Diamonds and Rust.
7. In Don't Look Back, she was wearing a cowboy hat and eating a banana and singing "Yonder stands your orphan with his gun/crying like a BANANA in the sun". I laughed and I laughed. Comedy gold! STONE COLD.
8. Look what Wiki says! She "has displayed a lifelong commitment to political and social activism in the fields of nonviolence, civil and human rights and the environment". That's the kind of commitment I want to have displayed when I'm lifelong.




Labels: ,

 
Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

IT'S LOVE BACK TO FRONT AND NO SIDES

living in the past, one day at a time

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand
Archives
June 2010 / July 2010 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]