Because You're Young
22 June 2010
  Blagged!
This is how my year usually rolls (though not necessarily in this order): I go through a different musical phase roughly each month.

1. David Bowie, Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, T. Rex
2. Ramones, Clash, The Replacements, X, Tiger Army, Pixies
3. Bob Dylan, Joan Baez
4. Donovan, Love, Cat Stevens, Grateful Dead
5. Tom Waits, Devendra Banhart, Leningrad
6. Pink Floyd (and the solo albums), King Crimson <-- I am on this RIGHT NOW
7. Nina Simone, Jeff Buckley, Leonard Cohen, Scott Walker
8. Supertramp, Alan Parsons Project
9. Beatles, Kinks, Doors, Stone Roses, The Jam
10. 50s and 60s rock 'n' roll (e.g. Shirley and Lee, the Dell Vikings, the American Graffiti Soundtrack)
11. Danzig, Misfits, Samhain
12. Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden, Blue Oyster Cult, Led Zep

There is, of course, a mass of other shite that gets stuck in there, but these are The Big Ones. I've been thinking about how much it's going to suck when I die - I'll never be able to listen to my favourite albums again! Totally lip syncing to The Great Gig in the Sky on my deathbed.

P.S. Am still gunning for Davey Gilmour:

Labels: ,

 
Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

IT'S LOVE BACK TO FRONT AND NO SIDES

living in the past, one day at a time

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand
Archives
June 2010 / July 2010 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]